555 Burrard St Suite 205 Bentall Centre

Vancouver, BC V7X1M7 Canada

604-688-0724

Open mobile navigation

Scoliosis

Scoliosis Pain

Are you tired of dealing with chronic pain from scoliosis? Dr. Trevor Kilian, a chiropractor in Downtown Vancouver at Kilian Chiropractic can help. Below is more information about scoliosis and how we can help you.

.

What Is Scoliosis?

Scoliosis is when a person's spine curves to the side. A curve of more than 10 degrees to the side is diagnosed as scoliosis. The two shapes scoliosis takes are similar to a "C" or an "S." 

Causes of Scoliosis

There is no known cause for around 80 percent of scoliosis cases. This is known as idiopathic scoliosis. The remaining 20 percent of scoliosis cases are defined as either structural or nonstructural. 

With nonstructural scoliosis, a curve can be seen, although the back works fine. Causes of nonstructural scoliosis are caused by certain inflammations like appendicitis, one leg being longer than the other, and muscle spasms.

With structural scoliosis, a person's spine is stiff and the curve cannot be corrected. There are several causes of structural scoliosis. Causes of structural scoliosis include:

  • Tumors
  • Cerebral palsy
  • Birth defects
  • Downs syndrome, Marfan syndrome, and other genetic issues
  • Muscular dystrophy
  • Infections

Symptoms of Scoliosis

The main symptom of scoliosis is back pain that comes and goes with time. Other symptoms for children and adults with scoliosis vary slightly. 

Children between the ages of 8 and 10 are at the highest risk for developing scoliosis. Symptoms in children include:

  • Pushed out ribs
  • Shoulders sitting at two varying heights
  • Both sides of the back are varying heights when bent over
  • One hip sticks out or is higher than the other hip
  • Head is not centered with the body

Symptoms of scoliosis in adults include a bump in the back, losing height, having trouble walking or standing straight, hips and shoulders that are uneven, and shortness of breath.

Scoliosis Pain Management

Our chiropractic care treatment can help manage pain from scoliosis. Chiropractic adjustments, acupuncture, non-surgical spinal decompression, and corrective exercises are great treatments for scoliosis pain management.

Aligning the spine and neck with chiropractic adjustments can help take pressure off of muscles and other soft tissues, bringing pain relief to these areas. Non-surgical spinal decompression gently stretches your back with a special table. Corrective exercises can be done at home between treatments to further help ease your back pain.

Our chiropractic care can help relieve back pain with a specific treatment plan made out just for you.

Chiropractor in Downtown Vancouver

Make an appointment with us at your earliest convenience to get the pain relief you need. You can visit us at Kilian Chiropractic, 555 Burrard St Suite 205, Bentall Centre, Vancouver, BC, V7X1M7, Canada. You can also make an appointment over the phone with us by calling 604-688-0724.

IF YOU’RE NEW TO KILIAN CHIROPRACTIC, WATCH BELOW


Office Hours

Our Regular Schedule

Monday:

7:00am

5:30pm

Tuesday:

8:00am

4:00pm

Wednesday:

7:00am

4:00pm

Thursday:

8:00am

4:00pm

Friday:

7:00am

4:00pm


Adjusting Hours

Morning Hours

Monday:

7:00am–9:00am

9:30am–10:00am

Tuesday:

-

-

Wednesday:

7:00am–9:00am

9:30am–10:00am

Thursday:

-

-

Friday:

7:00am–9:00am

9:30am–10:00am


Afternoon Hours

Monday:

4:30pm–5:30pm

Tuesday:

-

Wednesday:

12:00pm–1:00pm

Thursday:

-

Friday:

-

Location

Find us on the map

Testimonials

Reviews By Our Satisfied Patients

  • "Wonderful and welcoming facility. Dr. Kilian is very proficient and knowledgeable. You can see that he is passionate about his work and genuinely enjoys what he does. Adjustments are very comfortable and effective."
    Monika W.
  • "Dr Killian and his team are so wonderful and informative! I was about to skip the group info session, but I found it helpful to understand the correct healing process for me . I have had back pain for so long and I wondered why. I have poor posture and aligning that I didn't even know was affecting me. Dr Killian helped me learn that I can heal with regular adjustments, better self care practice and determination. I only started less than a month ago and I am noticing a huge difference!! Definitely recommend them!!"
    Tricia C.
  • "Really great, helpful staff. Super clean and professional environment. Front end staff are always willing to switch my appointments around when overtime or anything unexpected comes up and are always super friendly."
    Alex B.

Featured Articles

Read about interesting topics

No published articles found

Newsletter Sign Up